Lithium-based and sodium-based oxygen molecular sieves
In the market, there are 2 types of molecular sieve commonly used for oxygen production: lithium-based and sodium-based. Let me briefly introduce the differences between them as follows:
* Size difference: sodium-based molecular sieve for oxygen production has 0.4-0.8mm, 1.6-2.5mm; while lithium-based molecular sieve for oxygen production has 0.4-0.8mm and 1.2-1.8mm, 1.6-2.5mm is produced according to market demand.
* Oxygen production efficiency: Under the same conditions, the oxygen production efficiency of lithium-based molecular sieves is 2~3 times than sodium-based molecular sieves.
* Basic application: 1) Lithium-based oxygen molecular sieve is mainly used for VPSA (vacuum pressure swing adsorption), suitable for medium and large production; while sodium-based oxygen molecular sieve is mainly used for PSA (pressure swing adsorption). In terms of comprehensive energy consumption, the energy consumption of lithium-based molecular sieves is very low;
2) Usually small household or medical oxygen generators, such as 1-10L equipment, choose 0.4-0.8mm; for other equipment, choose molecular sieves according to the concentration and flow rate requirements of the oxygen generator.
* Oxygen concentration: sodium-based oxygen production molecular sieve, the concentration is 90%; lithium-based oxygen production molecular sieve usually has 93-96%.
* Oxygen capacity: Under normal circumstances, sodium-based oxygen production molecular sieve can reach 3-200Nm3/h, while lithium-based oxygen production is 100-10000Nm3/h.
* Oxygen generator pressure: VPSA oxygen generator is usually ≤20Kpa, PSA oxygen generator ≥0.2Mpa.